Neko

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Family Day at Oakdale

Mom and I went over to Oakdale, where Scott, Marc, and my niece Amalia go to school.

We first went over to my sister's house, where she was on the phone with a colleague of Dean's when we arrived. Joey was playing with a plunger nearly as tall as he is out in the hallway. Tori got off the phone and told us that this colleague was sending Dean a turkey, a ham, and a pie as thanks for Dean's sending him patients during the year. Looks like they got Christmas dinner all wrapped up LOL...

Anyway, we all went in Tori's van over to the school, where Scott was one of two greeters at the door where we entered the school. He looked so mature, but remember, he is a 13 year old boy.

We went to Amalia's classroom and met her teacher, then we got in line for the turkey dinner (at 11am, no less!). Marc joined us while we were in line. The meal consisted of the usual Turkey Day items: turkey, dressing, a roll, green beans, cranberry sauce, and pumpkin pie. We had chocolate or regular milk, water and iced tea, and very polite 8th grade girls who asked if we needed a refill or to take our trash. And, I learned that Scott (?!?) can flirt! Eeeek!

Only setback was that the cafetorium was cold as an icebox! Brrrr!

Scott was doing all his goofy things, the things that boys his age do (besides the flirting, that is). His dumbest thing was eating packets of sugar. The last thing that kid needs on top of his ADD is a sugar rush! I had to take the sugar containers out of his reach, or he'd have eaten them all!

Later, before we left (the kids got to leave school early), we went back to Amalia's classroom where her teacher took a group picture of all of us. She also took one with Tori's digital camera, and I'll see if I can get her to email it to me. I may or may not post it.


========================

My friend, JC, has a new part of his personal website where he is selling some of his art. He sent a mass email about it to about a zillion (ok maybe not that many, but it looked like it LOL!) of his close personal friends. Even an old email of Jon's was on that list. Go take a gander at what JC has. He is, IMHO, one of the best artists I've seen in a long time; and I am not just saying that because he's a friend of mine, but you be the judge.

========================

--MorelaterZ--