Neko

Sunday, April 29, 2007

The best PostSecret I've ever seen in the 2 years since I began reading it










Ryan Clark was one of the first victims of the Virginia Tech shooting two weeks ago. He had been described by most everyone he knew as someone they could turn to and someone who always had a kind word for everyone. He was from Martinez, Georgia (near Augusta where I lived some twenty years ago) and was studying biology and English and had hoped to pursue a doctorate in psychology, with a focus on cognitive neuroscience. He was to graduate from Tech next month.

I saw this last night on PostSecret, and the email that someone had sent in regarding it, and I cried. I never had the honor of knowing Ryan Clark, but I know that he is still affecting the lives of people he knew, and the lives of people who didn't know of him until after his death.

Maybe it is true that only the good die young.

My heartfelt condolences to Ryan's family and friends.

That's all from where I sit.


--MorelaterZ--


Labels: ,