Neko

Thursday, April 19, 2007

"Gettin' Busy"

It's sad that simple, innocent phrases like "gettin' busy" have such, um, dubious connotations these days.

To most people of a certain age (mine, 43), it means you're getting busy doing something, like homework, or cleaning out the garage.

To a lot of people I know, it means having sex.

Did I miss the transition between what I think and what everyone under 25 thinks? Because somewhere between my separation/divorce and starting at Rose State, it took on a whole new meaning. So I missed something somewhere down the line.

My dad liked to say "getting down to brass tacks". To him, it meant get busy and get things done. Or else.

Now I need to go finish up something, so I'm going to get busy doing that.


That's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--

Labels: , , , ,