Neko

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

I'm so tired!

I slept past dinner... I'm so mad!

I don't like to eat past a certain time, like 8 or 9 pm, because a full stomach so late causes me to be wide awake instead of sleeping. But, I was starving, so I went and made fish and chips at 10pm. Now, I'm going to be up later than I want to be.

Just as long as I can sleep til 7:45am tomorrow morning...
===

Yesterday, I got my US History quiz back and learned that I got all 25 questions right, in addition to four of the five bonus questions. I knew the answer to the fifth one, but was hesitant to write it down, so sure I was that I was wrong. Turns out that I wasn't. I should have just written it down!

The thing that gets me is that some of my classmates were talking about not studying for this quiz, and still getting what they felt were "decent" scores. Coming to class regularly and taking notes (and not talking to the girl next to you while the prof is lecturing), does help.

But, I guess that they will figure that out much later. As long as mommy and daddy are paying their way, they don't really care about grades. So why in the hell are they in school to begin with? Probably because their parents expect them to go on to college.

Daniel didn't go to college after high school. That was his choice. I wasn't sitting there bugging him to go if he was not ready to move on to that next step. It would've been nice that he went, but if he wasn't ready, then what's the point? Now, he says he's ready, but worries about the costs. I told him that if he's serious, to look into financial aid, or maybe go part time so he can still work full time.

On the other hand, Jeff went to college after high school... for a year. He liked it, but I think that he was still a little overwhelmed by the college experience, even at UCO. He might go back someday, if not at UCO, then somewhere else.

Clearly, some of my classmates are only in school for the social and monetary aspects. Attending classes is not real high on their priority list. Of course not all teenagers/early 20 somethings fall into this category. Some work their butts off. They have a plan, a goal they want to reach. At Rose State, a 2 year school, it's to go on to the bigger 4 year schools like OU and OSU.

Whether I do that or not is not really a concern at the moment. Maybe I don't need that Bachelor's degree. I don't know yet. After all, if I graduate when they say I will, I'll be 45 years old! I want the Associates. That's a given. After that, I don't know.


That's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--

Labels: , , , , , , , ,