Neko

Monday, January 22, 2007

Raider Dayz and other things

First day of school. I used to dread this when I was much younger. Now it excites me.

However, the following happened to me on the way to school (since I'm walking there for at least this week):

*Woke up later than I wanted to.
*Found that I still had time to at least eat breakfast before I left to hike the frozen tundra
*Didn't even make it out of my apartment complex without slipping on the ice in the parking lot, falling down and cutting my hand in several places on the ice
*Once I righted myself, I got half way to Hudiburg Drive before I realized that I had lost my hat.

Once I got walking, things were more or less okay. I could rant about the total lack of sidewalks in key places in town, but that would be a whole post of its very own.

So, I'm walking on snow covered grassy areas (due to the lack of sidewalks), and since the snow has started to melt, everywhere I stepped I seems to sink about four inches. I felt like I was walking on those weakened areas in places like Antartica that fall into the sea due to "global warming". I wondered if one of those snow covered grassy areas (again due to the lack of sidewalks) was one that would send me down the rabbit's hole in Alice in Wonderland all the way to China.

(I bring greetings from your honorable brother, Yao Ming...)

My classes are interesting so far. I really need to scrape together the moolah to get my books, because I think that in at least one of my classes, I'm going to need it as soon as Wednesday. I already have a paper in English Comp due Wednesday, which is what I should be doing in the Rose State Library instead of writing in my blog.

Just call me Stef the Coed...

Raider Dayz is what the first two days of the semester is called, where everything from music to free food is offered. I thought I missed out on the music because all the flyers around campus stated it was from 11am to 1pm, and I was in class during those hours. But, I lucked out, because the music ran a little overtime. I don't know the name of the two guys who were playing late 90's alt rock, but they were quite good.

Of course I had to check out the free (with a "Raider Buck") food. You could only get a hot dog or a beef sandwich (i.e. a sloppy joe), and a drink, but free's free, and free is good!

Now I've got to walk home. Oh. Joy.

That's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--

Labels: , , , ,