Neko

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Impending doom, or a winter storm?

The way that the weather people are talking around here, you'd think we were about to be snowed in for the rest of the winter.

C'mon, I know it doesn't snow here all that much, and yeah, two big storms this year are a bit unusual, but blame El Nino... it's all his fault!

I've plenty of everything to take care of myself until at least the end of the month, but the weather guys on TV are squawking about ice and snow and "you need to get this all done by Friday!"

By "all this" I think they mean make sure your car works (it does but it's still not tagged), you have plenty of gas, check on family, get something called "ice melt" (in Massachusetts, that's what salt was for), and have plenty of food on hand (check, check, and double check).

At least it's not the blizzard of '01 in Massachusetts... although that was fun at first.

And dammit, if I am going to be snowed in for the winter, I'd like to be snowed in with someone other than me, myself and I.


That's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--

Labels: , ,