Neko

Monday, November 20, 2006

Grandparents Day

No, not that commercialized non-holiday that all the greeting card companies make cards for in September, but the annual last day of school before Thanksgiving affair that is put on by the school that my youngest son and my niece attend. Marc's voice is changing now, and it sounds weird on the phone. He's the one who called asking to speak with Mom about Grandparents Day at school.

Last year, I thought it should be called "Family Day", because it's not just grandparents who show up to this shindig. No one said anything about me coming along this year, so I'm not.

Somehow, Mom needs to be at my sister's at 11am tomorrow morning. I think Daniel is going to drop her off before he goes to work. I'll be checking out apartments and paying for the 2007 sticker that goes on the license plate of Mom's van (it's overdue now), and Jeff will be sleeping because it's his day off.
===

I can't get Nickleback's "Animals" out of my head. Not a bad tune to get stuck in there.
===

I've been back in OKC since September 30, and I haven't heard word one from a certain New Orleans native. He knew I was coming back here, and I gave him my cell number and Mom's number, but he has yet to call. Maybe he's busy with the gal he's been involved with since he returned to New Orleans earlier this year (though the last time I talked to him, things weren't exactly going swimmingly). Maybe he went back to Hutch and his mentally ill ex wife; I don't know. If he gets in touch with me, fine. If he doesn't, fine. Maybe I just want to know he's okay.
===

I've come to the realization that I paid waaay too much for my glasses. For what I paid for these stupid things, I could have bought everyone in my Mom's household a pair of glasses, and a spare pair for myself.

I've had them two months, and they're already falling apart. I've almost lost the right lens about 100 times because the screw holding it in the frame comes loose.

There's a place in OKC where you can get two pairs for under 100 bucks. I should have waited until I came back to get new glasses.

*sigh*
===

Thanks for peeking :)






That's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,