Neko

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

The Post wherein Stef pinch hits for her mom

Mom didn't go to the Grandparents Day thing at the school yesterday (Tuesday). About an hour before I got up, Mom called Tori and told her that she couldn't make it because she was short of breath.

So I went in her stead.

My mom has COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder), which was most likely caused by her 60+ years of smoking. She doesn't have it so badly that she needs oxygen to help her breathe; Tori thinks that isn't far behind, though.

This was diagnosed while I was in Wyoming. Now the reasons why Mom couldn't stay on the phone ("Stefie, I have to hang up," she'd say) make sense. She was out of breath just walking across the room to answer the phone!

I had to be at my sister's at 11am, and Jeff drove the van because I was messing with the lens in my glasses that keeps falling out. Jeff was going to stay at Tori's and watch over Joe while Tori and I went over to the school. We got there just in time as the second graders were getting their turn at the turkey dinners (Amalia is in the second grade). Marc was in line with her "holding" our place.

The dinner (at 11:30am, when Marc says he usually goes to lunch with his class) was good. We made the obligatory visit to Amalia's class, and ended up taking one of Amalia's little pals home, as Tori was going to take the two of them to an ice skating lesson in the afternoon.

Jeff and I left and went over to the tag agency to get the little 2007 sticker for the van. So now the van's all legal-like until next year at this time.
===

Didn't have time to look at a couple of apartments like I wanted to today. I'm going to try and get that done tomorrow.
===

And I'll be making the famous cranberries later today. I need to get the oranges though.



That's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--

Labels: , , , , , , ,