Neko

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Making plans...

As of this morning, I have accomplished the following:

*applied for unemployment
*did an online search for housing in the Oklahoma City Metro
*requested information from a local (OKC Metro, again) college about attending classes in January
*made several phone calls in regards to moving back to OKC
*picked up my last paycheck
*picked up my new glasses (and they're driving me nuts, so back they go on Monday)
*went grocery shopping
*unpacked the six boxes that arrived yesterday so I can condense the contents into two boxes (i.e. there's a lot of crap that my family sent me that I have no further use for
*started cleaning my apartment so I can get my deposit back
*wrote a statement of affirmation on the dry erase board in my kitchen

Now, the waiting begins.

I have to sell the bed and nightstands that I just bought last month because I have no way to ship them to Oklahoma. What I can't take on the plane will get shipped via UPS to my mom's house, which I hope is only four boxes (two from the stuff the family sent and two of my household goods).

I will be keeping busy so I don't have time to dwell on all I've been through in the last couple of days. Sometimes, things just don't work out the way we hope. And that's okay. I will be returning to Oklahoma with my dignity and pride intact and my head held high. I handled the situation I faced with maturity and grace. I am not ashamed of anything I've done while I was here.

What's that quote from Albert Camus? Oh yeah... "Blessed are the hearts that can bend; they shall never be broken."





That's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--

Labels: , ,