Neko

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

A humble birthday request

In a post a few days ago, I made a simple request in light of the fact that my birthday is tomorrow. I'm going to repeat that request here. If you are so moved to fulfil this request, by all means do.

I don't usually ask for things from my readers, like helping me get a free goodie by signing up for something, or anything like that. But this is still too important to just forget about , hoping someone else will step up and do this.

My humble request, if you so choose to do it, is this-- all I want for my birthday is for you to make a donation to one of the following charities to help those still trying to get back on their feet after Hurricane Katrina:

Habitat for Humanity
The American Red Cross
Salvation Army
or a similar charity of your choosing.

The Gulf Coast is still trying to come back after this natural disaster. There are still parts of Mississippi that may never come back without a lot of help. Parts of the Ninth Ward in New Orleans haven't even been touched. And many other places in the region that could use a lot of assistance, either monetarily or in person.

I have no expectations. I'm leaving it all up to you. You decide if this is something you want to do. No pressure from me. If you DO decide to donate, please email me and let me know. Use "Happy Birthday" as the subject if you want.

I thank you, not only for considering this request, but for reading MVL. I appreciate it very much.



And that's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--