Neko

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

The nervous grrl on the white couch, part 2

Okay, where were we...?

Oh, yeah!

I arrived at the motel at about 6pm. All I could think about was getting into a room and taking a nap. I was beat!

I went into the office and checked in. The gal behind the counter wasn't very nice. She starts barking out her questions, like "I need to see your AAA card!"

Me: I don't have a AAA card.

Clerk: You were given a AAA discount. I need to see your card.

Me: I was told that it was a manager's discount.

Clerk: We don't have a "manager's discount".

She then proceeded to tell me that I had to pay full price for the room that I booked. I balked at that because I wasn't expecting to pay full price. I had my money budgetted just so, and she was telling me that I had to pay ten dollars more for my room?! She wasn't willing to honor the discount I'd been given, and I was starting to get pissed off. But, I held my tongue.

Then she asked for the Visa card I used to hold the reservation with, and I told her I was paying cash. She then tells me I have to pony up $20 more for a "deposit".

Me: Excuse me? I was not told that when I made my reservation.

Clerk: If you're paying cash, there's a $20 deposit.

Me: I was not told that I'd have to come up with more money because I chose to pay in cash.

Clerk: Then you'll have to use the Visa card you used to book the room.

Me: I can't do that, and I won't pay the $20 deposit. I'd rather take my business elsewhere if you and your coworkers can't get your stories straight. I was given a certain price and I expect to pay that amount.

I think the clerk rolled her eyes at that point and waived the deposit, but I would still have to pay the full price for the room.

And she literally threw the pen at me to sign the receipt.

I went to my room, on the third floor. I was never so glad to see a bed in my life!

I took my interview clothes out of the suitcase and hung them up so that the wrinkles could fall out. And there was an iron and an ironing board in my room, in case I needed them.

There was also a safe and a little coffeemaker in there, too.

I settled in and watched some TV, ordered a pizza, and took a long, hot shower.

I later called home to let Mom know I got there okay. I kinda wished I had a way to let someone else know I arrived safely.

Oh, well...

I went to bed fairly early, but I didn't sleep well at all. I was wide awake at 5am. I had asked for an 8am wake up call.



Part 3 later...stay tuned.



And that's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--