Neko

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Pinky's barking, dolls are flying... we just got it going on here today

Amalia and Joey are here today, and there's all kinds of fun going on.

Amalia got her new glasses, and she looks really cute in them. She also got a pink poncho...as if she needs another pink item in her ever burgeoning wardrobe!

She has this "Skydancer" doll that you can put on a special stand and launch it into the air. So it "flies", more or less. And this is what's making Pinky bark her fool head off-- it's not everyday that there are flying dolls here, and Pinky doesn't know what to think of it all.

Joey is being his usual, Energizer Bunny self... he and his sister are outside with Jeff, running around making noise (Joey and Amalia were making noise, Jeff was hammering the nails on the deck in the backyard so the little ones don't trip over them and get hurt).

Jeff is good with kids, so he doesn't mind watching them. I just wish he'd either go back to school or get a job...

=====

"You can stand me up at the gates of Hell, I won't back down..."

I've got those lyrics by Tom Petty in my head after hearing "Won't Back Down" on KRXO this morning...

I can really relate to those words, though. I've been though a lot of tough crap in the last 15 years or so, and there were times that I thought I'd crack. But I always mange to stand my ground for what I believe in.

And... I believe in me. And no one is going to tell me differently. God knows some have tried to break me down, but I'm not playing those games anymore. I'm too old for petty games. I'm almost 42 years old, NOT in junior high. Been there, done that...

=====

Maybe, just maybe... 2006 will be my year. It's a work in progress.




And that's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--