Neko

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

The nervous grrl on the white couch

I left home Sunday at 11am. It took me two hours to reach Tulsa, and another hour and a half to cross the border into Missouri.

And I was only half way there!

A lot of the drive was rather interesting. When I drove down to Oklahoma three years ago with Daniel, we went down I-44 in the middle of the night. This was the route that I took for the majority of my trip. There's a lot of places to see along the way, if I'd had the time.

(I did take pictures, though. Once I finish the roll, I'll post them. Darn one time use cameras!)

The directions I got from mapquest.com were excellent!

I eventually got off I-44 and headed towards my destination. I had to take a state route to get to the road that I needed to be on.

Weird thing about some of Missouri's roads... instead of numbered routes (i.e. county road 25), they have letters (Route KK, A, H, HH, etc).

I went down State Route 5. About halfway between the Interstate and Highway 54, where my destination was, there was this gas station I stopped at to put gas in the van. It seemed that the high grade gas was the cheapest and the regular unleaded was expensive. So I filled up with super unleaded for $2.17 a gallon! And that wasn't the only gas station to do that, either. Maybe that accounted for the fact that I got great gas mileage. The fuel gage was still registering full when I arrived at the motel.

And when I arrived at the motel... stay tuned for part 2.


And that's all from where I sit (for now).

--MorelaterZ--