Neko

Monday, December 12, 2005

Oh, well... at least someone wrote back, instead of just letting me twist in the wind...

I got an email from a program director in Michigan that I had send my package to last week, telling me that he really needed someone with a little more experiecne than I have. Especially, he says, if he's going to bring someone in from out of state.

So, remembering something I heard in one of Larry's lectures, I wrote a thank you email, thanking him for taking the time to consider me for the position he had.

I think a lot of the stations I sent packages to decided that they didn't need me, and didn't even bother to write, or call, and tell me so. I'm a big grrl, I can handle bad news.

I wrote to several of them over the weekend, asking if they got my stuff, and if so, had they had a chance to listen to it. Maybe I'll hear something from those, I don't know.

And yeah, I'm a little disappointed, but, hell, I'll get over it. I can't be all things to all people. But how can i get the experience if no one will give me a chance?

There is a station out there, somewhere, that will take a chance and hire a rookie from out of state. I'm not going to give up now! I've worked too hard to get to this point!

I've got to keep the faith...



And that's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--