Neko

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Work, spitoons, my ancient computer, et cetera

Work was exhausting. Even though I sat most of the day, I was still dragged out when I got home and promptly took a nap.

On the way back to the office from Norman, I rode with this military guy who spit into an empty soda can the entire trip. This happened with the last game I worked, where the military guy (not the same one) spit into a container that previously held soda.

Okay, first of all, spitting in and of itself is a nasty habit. Add Skoal (or whatever the damn stuff is called), and it just plain becomes disgusting. What, smoking tobacco isn't bad enough? Don't people have the courtesy to wait until they got the people riding with them back to their cars before they spit? It was all I could do to hold my tongue, and not say anything.

=====

And, that email I got the other day asking for my resume and aircheck? I can't send the aircheck portion from my computer because it's so damn old. I had Jeff try and send me the files from his computer, but he can't because they're "protected" or something. So I will have to ask Larry or Ben to help me get a file together to send to this guy in Missouri on Monday.

One of the first things I'm going to get after I get a job is a new laptop. I can't do much of anything with this thing I've got now. It's just good for internet (slow, but serviceable) and writing. I need something I can actually do my job with.

=====

I'm talking to Saon via Yahoo Mess-up-enger, and he's denying this little "stunt" he pulled on me the other night. Someone IMs me under a Yahoo! ID I don't recognize and asks me questions about things that only Saon would know. Then Saon, or someone pretending to be him, IMs me under the Yahoo! ID he regularly uses and does the same thing. All the while he's trying to get me to respond, and I can't because each time I ask who it is, he says, "it's Saon", but then when I ask him why he's pranking me like this, he'd say something like , "like what?", like he doesn't know what he's doing. And I can see him sitting there laughing his head off over my frustration, and I'm a little pissed off, because I've seen him do it to other people.

That he was sometimes insensitive and mean-spirited should have been my big clue three years ago...but you can't unring a bell. What's done is done.

Now he's gone offline, supposedly to use the bathroom... whether he'll return to our conversation before I go to bed, I have no idea. Right now, I'm at the point of if he does, he does. If not, then that's HIS choice.

=====

I might be going to a Hornets game next week. Right now, it's up in the air because I'm broke. So is the person i'd be going with. So that might have to wait until fortunes change.

=====

I'm graduating on Friday... Holy cow! Better start pounding on some doors if I expect to get a job anytime soon.

=====

And that's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--