Neko

Monday, August 08, 2005

ABC's Peter Jennings died Sunday

He was 67 years old and was diagnosed with lung cancer earlier this year.

I knew he was sick, and he sounded terrible when he made his announcement that he had cancer, but I thought he, if anyone, could beat it. It just wasn't to be. At least, he's no longer in pain and at peace. That's all anyone could ask for when faced with their own mortality.

Words at times like these, when someone dies, don't come easily to me. Me, the ultimate motormouth, is speechless when it comes to talking about death, and comforting people who have lost a loved one. When my father died in October 1999, I'm certain that people had trouble expressing their grief in my presence. Even if the people in question had known Dad for years and years, and probably knew him better than I did.

The only thing that makes sense is this: I have fought the good fight, I have stayed the course, I have kept the faith. --2Timothy 4:7

Rest in peace, Mr. Jennings.


That's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--