Neko

Thursday, May 26, 2005

You'll never believe who called me today...

A man who stated that he was a detective with the Machias, Maine, police called me out of the clear blue sky. He said he was working on a case where someone stated he saw a fight between two carnies in August 2002! This detective was looking up information on the internet and ran across my manuscript. How he got my current phone number, I'll never know.

He asked if I had any inforamtion about this alleged crime, did I know names of anyone with the carnival, etc., etc. I told him I knew a lot of nicknames, but no one's real name. I had no information about the crime, as my real life adventures with the carnival I fictionalized in my novel didn't begin until mid August 2002.

What I didn't tell him is that I knew some people's real names, but that time won't allow me to recall what they are. I certainly didn't give up a certain New Orleans residents real name. I don't really know if he was even in Machias at that time. I honestly don't remember.

Remember, Carnyville is a work of fiction based on a real experience. I played fast and loose with the facts. I don't remember what really happened, and what I made up.

This is really weird. Maybe I should get the phone number off the Caller I.D. and call it back. Something about all this that kinda gives me the creeps.


And that's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--