Neko

Saturday, May 07, 2005

Hmmm...let's see: JC's art show, Larry's tooth, Jeff's decision

This afternoon, I got an email from JC. He had the opening of his art show last night, and the opening night was, in JC's words, "a huge success!"

Remember the original email I got, the one with at least 100 names in the "to:" space? Some of those 100 people were classmates of his at the art college he attended in Maine, and five of them came to the opening. He actually sold some of his works, and got a lot of questions about the subject of most of them: A Course in Miracles. He's quite pleased with the turnout. I still wish I could have been there, though.

(Yeah, right, like I could have held my own with his college friends. My knowledge of art is sorely lacking!)

I am so happy for him! And I'm going to tell him so as soon as I'm done with this entry.



One of my instructors at school, Larry, accidentally knocked one of his teeth out last weekend. All this week has been filled with trips to the dentist to remedy the problem, and yet, he still manages to show up and have a good sense of humor about the whole thing. If that had been me, I'd have gone into seclusion! I guess guys can handle stuff like that better than women can.

He has a spacer to fill in the gap for now, but talking is next to impossible, so he takes it out. For someone who makes his living talking, being hindered in that department is not a good thing. I know I'm going to dread that first case of laryngitis after I start working on the air.



Jeff has come to a major decision about going back to UCO in August: he's not. At least not right now. He feels that he's not cutting it in college and wants to go out into the real world and gain some confidence and discipline before he goes back to school. Mom is disappointed in him, but it's his decision. Would she rather he flunk out and not be able to return to UCO at some future date?

And, to be honest, I'm a little disappointed, too, but he came to this decision on his own. He's an adult now, and we can't hold him by the hand forever. He has to make decisions on his own, and if this is what he's decided, then we should accept it.

Maybe he'll change his mind, but I don't think he will.



And that's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--