Neko

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Try a positive attitude, Mom

it works wonders!

I think that if my mom couldn't complain about something, she'd have no purpose in life. Today she had the fatalistic attitude that she "doesn't have many years left, and maybe not even this year." Now, c'mon...if she were really that bad off, you'd think she'd let us (my sister and me) in on it. My sister, at least, because I'm always the last person to know about anything going on in my family. Hell... even the dog knows more than I do!

She bitched at me about not being able to buy gas for the van. When I got my paycheck in the mail, she told me to use most of it for gas. My paycheck was $32.00! I put 15 bucks in the tank just this morning, and we need more.

She's not swimming in dough, but she'd not friggin destitute, either.

I, on the other hand, constantly and continuously, am broke. Whatever money I get has to go towards getting me from point A to point B. I get this middling little paycheck every two weeks. I can't always pay for gas. I do all of Mom's errands and stuff for her, and that van doesn't run on gas fumes (thought she seems to think it does).

I'd drive the Honda that Jeff doesn't want to acknowledge is his if Daniel would come and take me out in it a few times so I can relearn how to drive a stick shift. Then Mom can have the van that she never drives back.

I have to go to bed. I'm getting a headache.


And that's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--