Neko

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Poly Ticks

Well (insert disgusted sigh here)...

Tomorrow starts the next four years in the reign of George W. Bush. How much more can he screw up the US of A than he has already?

Condi's been confirmed as the next Secretary of State*. Oh. Joy. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that we have a strong, intelligent woman in that post, but all I see when I see Dr. Rice on TV is a puppet spewing forth the gospel according to Rumsfeld, Cheney and Bush. And, I mean to tell you that that "gospel" is wrong. We're still at war for God's sake!

And because we're still at war, I don't think that $90 billion of taxpayer money should be spent on this overblown spectacle that is the Second Inauguration. Nine, count 'em, nine Inaugural Balls? What, one ball won't do? There has to be nine of the damned things? There's a cartoon on JaG's website that says it all: a hoity toity couple is dancing and the blowhard "gentleman" tells a soldier, "We're at a party. You're at war."

No, pal you got it wrong: the USA is at war. If you're a American Citizen, then you, too, are at war. But then, again, that's the point of the cartoon. Just because they personally are not fighting the war, some people think that it's okay to do whatever the hell it is they please. They're not thinking of those men and women over there in "I-rack", fighting for God's only knows what, since the Bush administration has suspended the search for WMD's (which I'm convinced never existed in the first place, therefore Bush lied to us to get into this mess).

Bush says that the Iraqis want freedom. Do the Iraqis even know what freedom is, or what it will mean to them? After living for 30 some-odd years under Saddam Hussein's tyranny, how in the hell does Dubya know what the people of Iraq want? Because some Iraqi Government official says so? C'mon, even I know that anyone in government, regardless of what country it is, has no clue what the common people want. The politicians are all busy getting rich and thinking about themselves. Constituents? What are those?

If Bush messes up this time (and since his approval rating is in the toilet), you can't blame me. I voted for John Kerry.

=======================

The JibJab boys have a new cartoon. Have you seen it? Check it out on JibJab.com, Yahoo, or a TV near you. I think you'll like it. I know I did!

=======================

And that's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--

*Actually, she's just been approved by a committee. Now her nomination goes before the Senate for a full vote. Then, she'll be confirmed if they all vote in favor of her getting the job.