Neko

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Goin around in circles

Jeff got his books yesterday, and the off campus bookstore (which was cheaper and had the same books as the B&N on campus) was packed! There is a very small parking area and it was full. I dropped Jeff off and them drove around the block about 4 times before a space right in front of the door opened up and I grabbed it!

Jeff had bought all his books by the time I got in there and he was looking at the varied and sundry UCO logo items. I thought he was going to buy a ballcap he saw, but thought better of it, I guess.

All my driving around the block depleted what little gas the van had in its tank, and on the way home, we ran out of gas. Fortunately, there was a gas station nearby and, with the help of a green light, we coasted into the station and up to a pump just as the engine died. We put in a few bucks, then went home.

The book Jeff got for his English class was $60! It must have at least 600 pages, and I found it hard to believe that this whole book will be covered in one semester.

He's taking German again (the continuation of the class he took last semester), and it uses the same books. However, the workbook wasn't available last semester, so Jeff picked that up this time. The funniest thing about it is the cartoons with German captions. One could pretty much guess what was going on without the caption, though.

===========================

I think I'm going to check out something that I've been meaning to look into for a while. If I do go through with it, it will be the first step to making a long time dream of mine come true.

==========================

And that's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--