Neko

Sunday, January 16, 2005

Now this just goes too far!

Someone thought it was cute to sign me up with a Canadian dating service. I'd have never known about it, except that someone who found me interesting emailed me this morning, and told me where he got my email address.

First it was the stuff in the mail I didn't ask for, now it's a dating service in another country? WTF is going on here???

I joined this dating service just to find out what's up (it's free). There is a member there who has a username that is the same as an email address I've had for about 8 years, but I have to pay to email this person (or if they're using my email addy, myself). The man who contacted me kindly offered to see if he could find the profile he responded to that led to me.

This has got to stop! I'm figuring it's either someone who knows me and I'm being "punk'd" by them for reasons unknown, or it's a hacker who got my info somehow.

How likely it's one of these two scenarios, or something I haven't considered. All I know at this point is that I didn't do this and simply forgot about it. If I did, why a Canadian site? Why a dating site? I don't do dating sites, period.

All this has got me more than a little pissed off.

That's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--