Neko

Thursday, December 30, 2004

The $9.00 winter coat

Actually, two of them. One for me and one for my mom. On sale at WalMart.

Mine was a stroke of good luck. Some time ago, I received a WalMart gift card from a friend out of the blue. They realized that they missed my birthday, and sent the card as a way to make up for missing my 40th birthday. I put it in my daytimer and promptly forgot about it, because I got a new daytimer, changed everything over and forgot to move the giftcard. I was going thru some old stuff last night and found it. I didn't even know how much was on it.

When I went to WalMart this morning, I decided to find out how much was on the giftcard. Turns out that there was $10.00 on the card. I thought nothing more about it since I had to do other things at WalMart anyway.

Then I noticed that there were coats on sale and decided to see if there was one or two in my size. I wasn't finding anything that was even close to being able to fit me. I was about to give up when I pulled one off the rack that looked as though it would fit me, even though the hanger tag said "XL". It had no tags on it, so I went looking for the tag sewed into the garment. It was in a pocket, and it was my size! Woohoo! Others I had seen that were identical but in smaller sizes, so I asked a gal who worked there if there was a tag I could show the cashier. She took the info off the garment tag and gave it to me to give to the cashier. I went to check out, and the coat was indeed $9.00! With tax (man, I'm missing my late night trips to WalMart in Salem, NH by this time), it came to $9.70. I had a new coat!

Well, I went home and told Mom that WalMart had coats on sale for $9.00, so of course she wanted to check it out. She ended up buying a coat, too!

Now, if we could just convince Jeff to give up that ratty-looking denim jacket he loves so much...

That's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--