Neko

Monday, October 25, 2004

Political ads are gettin' me down

How sick of these am I? I'm to the point of turning down the sound on the TV every time one comes on. And, it's not just one ad; it's a slew of them all at once! Mostly, they have to do with the vicious Senate race in Oklahoma. One was just on with Brad Carson, saying he's tired of so-called "attack ads". The thing that bugs the crap outta me is that Carson was the first to run attack ads, now he's saying he's tired of them? Give the voters of the Sooner State a little credit for brains, Mr. Carson!

Carson's opponent, Tom Coburn, held out as long as possible before he felt he had to defend himself with ads of his own. Dr. Coburn is no angel either, but if given the choice between him and Mr. Carson, Coburn would get my vote.

But wait, there's a wrinkle in this race: there's a third party candidate. She has done no advertizing, and probably doesn't have a prayer of even getting enough votes to make a decent showing against the two men running in the major parties. However, as a protest against the stupidity that has been the Senate race, me, my two adult sons and my mom are seriously thinking about voting for the third party candidate, Sheila Bilyew.

I'll laugh my ass off if she wins!

--MorelaterZ--