Neko

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

FIfty-six smackeroos. Oh. Wow.

$56 dollars is the amount of the first child support check we've gotten from Jon in over 6 months! Mom thinks it might be a partial payment, and I hope she's right. Jon helped bring these boys into the world, he should at least help support them (and what he's paying now is back support on Daniel and Jeff).

I talked to Jon on Sunday, and he was standing outside in the cold wind talking with the Portugese gal he's so ga-ga over (I don't know nor care if it's mutual). In Portugese, no less! Now come on, Jon is in Massachusetts where it gets cold this time of year, doesn't he have enough sense to come in out of the cold (I think we all know the answer to this one)?

But $56? This better not be a regular amount, or I will have to get nasty about it. His employer paid him under the table for first three months, then screwed around for the next three months after that. I said in a post several months ago that I would not feel comfortable patronizing the bar Jon works at, because of the owner's part in helping him avoid his obligations. It would be sad because the same woman owns a total of three bars in that area (and Jon has worked at all three).

He fails to realize that if he'd kept up the payments, he'd be done by now. Jeff turned 18 last March.

But, he pleads poverty every chance he gets ("I need to eat!" So do we, Jon. Can we say "duh!"?). He really needs to get another electronics job, which is what he was trained to do, and I think he takes the janitor in a bar jobs so he doesn't have to fork over quite so much money every month.

He should thank his lucky stars that I don't ask for alimony, too. I didn't ask for it when we were divorced because I was working, and I knew that he would do the same thing with that as he does with the child support. I wonder if I could ask for it now, five years out?

Probably not.

Gotta get to bed. Nite all!

--MorelaterZ--