Neko

Thursday, September 02, 2004

I gotta get to bed, but first, this...

Over on Blogger's homepage, they have a list of notable blogs listed by date. Instead of listing them the way people in the US do it (mm/dd/yyyy, or 09/02/2004), they do it the European way (dd/mm/yyyy, or 02/09/2004), which is kind of confusing when you're dealing with the first nine months of the year and the first nine days of those nine months.

In my head, today's date looks like Feburary 9th. If I saw something dated 2/9/04, I would automatically think February 9th, especially if September 2nd hasn't occured yet.

Yes, I probably am one of those thick Americans who just doesn't get the ways things are done in the rest of the world. I probably pronounce all the names wrong, and generally look like an ass in the process (kinda like our -coff-coff- President). One thing that I can say in my defense is that I've never travelled outside the USA, so how would I know these things? I got close to Canada a couple of times (about 17 years apart), and Mexico, never. I don't have a passport, so I can't go anywhere else until I get one. I read a lot, and I watch movies and other programs that take place in other countries, but I've been in the Lower 48 my entire life (all four decades of it).

Am I deprived or what?

Maybe one day, I'll take that cruise to the Bahamas or someplace. I just fear I'll be too old to enjoy it (which is irrational, because I love travelling, even if it's something that won't happen for 25 more years).

I gotta get to bed! 6:55am comes awfully early when you go to bed at 1:30am.

--MorelaterZ--