Neko

Monday, August 30, 2004

One year ago, I was on a bus...

headed to New Orleans.

The bus trip was some 18 hours long, and I was in a lot of pain when I finally arrived at something like 6:30 am on the 31st.

I arrived at my ultimate destination @ 7am, and the person I came all that way to see was glad to see me. After a few days, the whole trip went to hell. I left on the 16th of September feeling like a complete idiot. How could I have been so clueless?

We made it up, of course. Then things got really strange when that siren song came ringing in his ears again. It was his Past, and it was calling him back with empty promises and eventual hurt. I tried to warn him, but it fell on deaf ears.

It ended badly (again), but I could have told him that. When I last spoke to him, a month ago, he was headed back to New Orleans. Nothing since then.

I wonder if he even thinks of me. Am I even on his thought radar, or am I just fooling myself.

I was good to him. I was good for him. I know I was. Maybe he still thinks we can make a go of it, that it's just not the right time. I just don't know what to think. Thinking about it is something I don't want to think about.

Except that going back to New England is becoming more and more tempting. Now for the funding...hmmm.

--MorelaterZ--