Neko

Thursday, August 26, 2004

Gotta get away from here...

I just had to get out of the house, so I am here at the library. (The library fixed the little probelm they had with patrons gaining access to blogs, something that I am happy about).

I can take only so much of TV court shows (I like the judges, it's the litigants I can't stand ninety-nine percent of the time). Who in their right mind would want to air their dirty laundry on national TV?? Do these people get paid for their appearances on these shows? They're just a couple of steps above shows like The Maury Povich Show, whose main purpose most of the time is to show the lowest of the low (and I'm sure those people get paid!). Occasionally, Maury (or whoever), will show people who are truly deserving and the show will do things for them that for some reason they cannot do for themselves.

The Olympics are winding down now, and there are some stories there that will be remembered for a long time after the closing ceremony (which I won't get into here, as they have been talked of elsewhere). Today, though, I had to turn off the Olympics, because, I'm sorry, I just cannot get into Women's Water Polo. Last night, I fell asleep waiting for Superheavyweight power lifter Shane Hamman (Mustang, OK is his hometown) to come on during the late night coverage. I wonder how he did?

Next week, there's the Rebulican National Convention, which I'm not planning to watch. It's being held in NYC, which is gearing up some of the most serious security measures since I don't know when. My question is, if we (the USA) can do that if those in power want to, then where the hell was it on 9/11/01? We should have always been doing this, keeping our cities and people safe? And now, Al-Qaida supposedly has plans to attack us again before the election? Lord help us all and pray that Tom Ridge and the Department of Homeland Security have their shit together so we don't have to go thru another 9/11.

Oh, Tank, honey...where are you?

--MorelaterZ--