Neko

Thursday, July 29, 2004

Mom needs to get out more...

I've been here over 18 months, and my mother doesn't go anywhere unless I take her there. Granted, she is still (after thirty years, no less!) skittish behind the wheel, but nothing's stopping her from going out. Tomorrow, she has a doctor's appointment, and I'll be taking her to it. I hope she talks to her doctor about all the stuff she says is wrong with her.

A couple of weeks ago, she was all hot to go over to the seniors center and play bingo and socialize with people her age, but apparently she's forgotten all about that.

And forget correcting her when she's wrong about something that is written on the page or heard on television or the phone. She thinks that Daniel's female friend (NOT girlfriend--they're not dating) is named "Happy". The girl's name is "Kathy". Today, she was reading something in the paper and kept asking me where certain businesses are located. She's been here for four years! She definitely needs to get out more often. If I left Edmond tomorrow, who would do all these things for her? Jeff will be away at school, and everyone else has their things to do, so she'd just have to do for herself.

Because if I don't get out of here, I will go insane. There are no jobs here for me, and I can't get any assistance from the state. And arguing with my mom over stupid shit gets old fast.  Mom jokes that maybe she needs a keeper...and maybe she's right. But God forbid I suggest such a thing! I may never leave here if I do.

Don't get me wrong, I love my mother and want what's best for her. But I can't do it. I have my own medical problems to deal with. No one in my family understands what I am going through with the Fibromyalgia, nor do they care. I'm convinced they all think I'm faking it--believe me, I couldn't fake this if I tried, and I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

--MorelaterZ--