Neko

Sunday, July 25, 2004

He called back...so why am I so surprised?

Saon called back this evening and we had a nice chat (when he wasn't chatting with Kani and his girlfriend in the background, that is). He told me more about his job; it paid pretty well and that he doesn't have a set schedule. Most of his pay is overtime and he's going to use part of it to pay off the fines he got when he got pulled over for driving without a license. He says he's going to get his license in MN, and then buy a truck.

He also told me that he still has his dog, Blue, but the dog is at Michele's for the time being (I seem to remember that the last dog Saon had, he let Michele hold on to, then she got rid of it because it didn't like her). He's looking for places up there that will let him have Blue with him.

We talked about my possibly going up there for a visit, but I am a bit hesitant; I mean Michele is there, and I'm not ready to meet her yet, if ever! Also, I don't have the money to get a ticket, but Saon said he'd take of that (he's said that before, and then hasn't come thru with it). I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens. Perhaps my desire to see him will overrule my hesitancy. Saon's met my ex...I guess I could meet his. I just don't know at this point if I'm ready for that yet.

It has been nearly a year since we've seen each other, but that last visit didn't end so well. I just don't want a repeat of it.

Perhaps I shouldn't worry myself so much about that. After all, it hasn't happened yet. But, there is that little bit of doubt... (okay, Stef, knock it off!)

We'll just play it by ear and see what happens. That's the only thing I can do at this point.

--MorelaterZ--