Neko

Thursday, July 22, 2004

If he weren't , and I weren't, then I'd...

Yeah, right! Who am I kidding here? He's got Kelly, and I have Saon (I think)...and we've been there already...

JC is one of my best friends, and he never fails to cheer me up. I emailed him a couple days ago to tell him that I am not getting this "A Course in Miracles" stuff. He told me that it took him a while to "get it" as well. Then he told me that he thought I was smart. I told him that I knew that I was, but sometimes I don't feel like it. Today, he emails back and says this:

  • You are smart! Very smart. That will take you far, Stef. We are all smart, but you recognize it within yourself, as many people do not for one reason or another.
and that's why he decided all those months ago to share all this stuff with me...the Carlos Castenada, Four Agreements, and "A Course in Miracles" stuff. JC said that he's been researching this his whole life, and that it answers all his questions about everything. And I think he believes that I may get some benefit from this as well.

This is what I've always liked about him, that he sees me as a woman with a brain able to understand all the stuff that a lot of people wouldn't take the time to understand. That I'm so much more than a chick with a nice set of boobs (okay, let's be crass, why don't we?). There aren't many guys out there like that (and this one's taken, dammit!).

No matter what else happens or doesn't happen in my life, I'll always have JC as a friend. That's a nice thought.

--MorelaterZ--