Neko

Tuesday, November 18, 2003

Who am I kidding...

I'm not going to give up without a fight. I guess I have to decide if it's worth fighting for.

Last night, I wondered if I just plain wasted the last 16 months of my life, that I should have never gone back up to Bangor in July 2002 to meet Saon. That I should have never started this with him, I wouldn't be where I am now. Then, I thought, I would have been so less enriched by what he did teach me, and probably still having one night stands with guys at Salisbury Beach, or in an illicit affair with JC. Like that would have been better?

I damned Michele with some language that I will not repeat here. I don't even know this girl, but I know what she's capable of. She's stringing along a dear friend of mine by pretending to want to work on their marriage, when that's probably not her intention at all. And I find the timing of this a little too much of a coincidence: it was a year ago on Friday (11/21) that Saon left Massachusetts to go back to Minnesota to be with her, because of some imagined medical problem, that I never heard the outcome of. Now her sister's sick and Michele is playing the "I'm so stressed, Saon, I need to get out of here for a while" card. Of course he fell for it, hook, line and sinker.

He told me he was done with her, and he wouldn't go back. Yeah, right, and I'm the Tooth Fairy...like i'm going to believe that line again (or anything else he says).

I'll call him at work tomorrow night and see how things went. He hasn't taken my calls at all in the last couple of days, so maybe that's his answer. I don't want to think that, but all signs are pointing in that direction. I thought he was a better man than that, that he had the balls to tell me the truth.

MorelaterZ--