Neko

Saturday, November 01, 2003

the friday five (on saturday...sorry)

the friday five for the week ending October 31, 2003:

1. What was your first Halloween costume? I think it was a duck. Funny, my nephew, who's 7 months old, was a duck, too (not the same costume!)

2. What was your best costume and why? I was a black cat about 20 years ago, when I was still reasonably thin. Why? Why not!

3. Did you ever play a trick on someone who didn't give you a treat? My friends and I TP'd someone's house who we thought was mean and grouchy for not giving a 10 year old candy because they thought the kid was "too old to be trick or treating"

4. Do you have any Halloween traditions? (ie: Family pumpkin carving, special dinner before trick or treating, etc.) Um...no.

5. Share your favorite scary story...real or legend! My boyfriend told me this story about the woman who moved into the house where both his parents died a year apart. My boyfriend went to go visit his old house when he was 17 or 18 years old (about 10 years after he moved from there), and the woman told him that the house was haunted! She said that Jack (my b/f's father) routinely got into bed with her, thinking she was his wife. The woman was unnerved, but also said the ghost was also mean as hell, as he would supposedly lock the doors and windows. Think what you want, after all, this took place in the deep South, so anything is possible!