Neko

Saturday, November 22, 2003

Forty years...

Today is the 40th anniversary of the assassination of John F. Kennedy. For those of you out there who are old enough: where were you and what were you doing when you heard the news?

I am not old enough to remember that day. My mother was pregnant with me at the time. I wasn't born until the following February.

And, for 40 years, people have been speculating on what really happened in Dallas that day. Did Lee Harvey Oswald really act alone, or was he a scapegoat? Was it a conspiracy by the government because of Kennedy's alleged ties to the mob? His affair with Marilyn Monroe? Does the Zapruder film show Kennedy being shot from the front of the motorcade by someone on the "grassy knoll"? Were the autopsy photos faked to prove the government's contention that Oswald acted alone?

Personally, I think that Kennedy was shot from the front, that Oswald was set up, and the fact it took place in Texas, and Johnson was from Texas is a little suspect. Did Kennedy stand in the way of an all out war in Vietnam? These are things we may never know, because the majority of the players are dead.

But, that ain't gonna stop people from finding out. Let's see what's known in ten years.

I don't even want to think that far in the future-- I'm having a hard enough time with turning 40 thank you...

MorelaterZ--