Neko

Monday, October 06, 2003

PromoGuy's Monday Mission 3.40

1. If you were to go on a diet (not that you should, babe, you look marvelous), which of the "fad diets" sounds the most appealing to you? None of them. There's always something lacking in all of them, nutritionally speaking

2. I only ask, because with the holidays coming up, there will be a lot more food in our house than usual. It tempts me. Maybe if I exercise I can loose some now, and eat then and have it all balance out. Do you get much exercise? I walk three times a week when the weather's good

3. When I was walking the other night, I noticed a rent house was being cleaned out by the landlord. Apparently the owners just took the essentials and left a lot of junk in the house. The owner had stacked piles of junk on the lawn for the sanitation collectors. But I noticed several things in that mess that maybe I could use (like a gas powered hedge trimmer). I may still go back some dark evening. Have you ever raided someone's junk pile that was left out for the garbage truck? Or gone dumpster diving? What did you find? Oh hella yes! I found a stereo system and speakers, a microwave oven, and a telephone, all of which worked almost perfectly. I even found a Pyrex roasting pan in the basement of the apartment building where I lived in Massachusetts. There was stuff down there from the previous tenants of my unit, and my landlord let me take whatever I could salvage.

4. Also in that same dumpster was the most awful shade of bright green carpet you've ever seen. Seriously, you wouldn't believe it if I showed you (and I will try to get a photo). Do you have any memories of ugly carpeting in your home or someone else's? I had a gold shag rug in my bedroom as a child. It was hideous!

5. As summer draws to a close, it means fewer outside chores. One I won't miss at all is mowing the lawn! What summertime chores will you be glad to see go away for the winter months? Washing the car. Trimming bushes. Not having to beg 20 year old son to do these chores.

6. Of course, it is hard to mention fall without at least touching on football. Do you have a(ny) favorite football team(s)? Do you and your family root for the same teams to win? I'll root for the pro teams in the area where I am living, but there aren't any pro teams in Oklahoma City. I kinda root for the New England Patriots, the New Orleans Saints (who I admit are pretty bad, but the commercials they have in the New Orleans area are pretty humorous.), and maybe the Washington Redskins. None of the teams I rooted for when I was growing up in California are even there (the Rams went to St. Louis, the Raiders went back to Oakland, and the Chargers just suck. The 49'ers aren't even the same team as in the Joe Montana/Steve Young days)

7. I will be heading to Anaheim next month to stay a few days for a convention. It would be great to meet up with some Bloggers, but I just don't know many out there. If you were to visit California, are there any Bloggers you'd like to meet up with? (And if you are in California, then who would you like to come see you!)
You couldn't get me anywhere near California! But enjoy your stay in Anaheim. I mean that.

BONUS: Where can you begin to make your dreams all come true on the land or on the sea? Both

Today's Comment Question: If you could do so, who would you vote for in the California recall elections? See the post before this one for my comments on that farce