Neko

Friday, October 03, 2003

I got a phone call last night...

My cell rang about 11:30pm, and I saw on the caller ID that it had a 504 area code. I didn't recognize the phone number, though. When I answered, the caller asked me if I knew Saon. I said I did, then he said he was Saon's cousin, and that Saon asked him to call me because Saon doesn't have long distance service on his home phone. "Which cousin is this?" I asked.

It was David, whose father is Saon's godfather and his landlord. "I'm the good one," David said. (I had met David's brother Daniel the first night I was there after Saon had gone to work, and Daniel was pretty much an obnoxious jerk to me).

So, I called Saon, and he answered. Turns out that the roommate situation with that girl with the unruly kids didn't work out, as Saon stated that he threw them out the day after I left. His nephew, Kenny (or Kani, as he's known to everyone) has moved back in. Saon also got a pedigreed pit bull named "Blue" (me and you and a dog named Blue?).

I told Saon that I had tried to call him on several occasions but was unable to reach him. He told me that the phone he has was causing trouble, and they ended up getting a new one. He's also doing some work on his days off from his regular job to get extra money.

I asked Saon some questions about some info I need for the Carnyville project, and he said he'd see what he could come up with. He also told me that he was going to get a calling card and call me later today or tonight sometime.

I'll believe it when I see it.

So, it looks like things with us are cool for now. I still have a big issue with trusting him and what he says. I'll take it one day at a time, and see what happens.

MorelaterZ--