Neko

Wednesday, October 08, 2003

Arnold's in, Davis out, and I'm in a black mood...

Now maybe this recall BS will finally end?

I woke up in a foul mood on Monday, and I'm still in a foul mood. I don't know what it is. Yesterday my sister and Amalia and Joey came over, and my first thought was, I really don't want to spend time with my sister today. But, I sucked it up and got thru it okay (i was nice and auntie-like), but I couldn't wait for them to leave so I could get out of the house.

Today I had to contend with the band director, because Jeff called from school and was told he was "ineligible" to compete with the band this weekend. Turns out that he has a D in math, and that makes him accademically ineligible. I think that Souza (not his real name) was pissed off because Jeff didn't tell him he wasn't going to be at yesterdays afternoon practice.

I told the band director that maybe Jeff didn't tell him (he told the assistant director instead) because Jeff views him as unapproachable, a charge the man vehemantly denied. "I have an open door policy," he says. Yeah, an open door policy for students whose parents can fork over the cash and volunteer time to the program. As for kids like Jeff, well, this guy has been demonizing Jeff the entire time he's been in band (this is his 4th year).

The man just makes me sick with his huge ego. Believe it or not, dude, you are NOT the greatest thing to hit marching bands since John Phillips Souza. So cut the attitude and treat all the kids in your charge the same, regardless whether their parents/guardians have big bucks. If you can't do that, you shouldn't be teaching. Period. And, don't try to be their best bud, okay? No one respects a teacher (or a boss) who is buddy-buddy with those in their charge.

MorelaterZ--