Neko

Saturday, July 19, 2003

What the hell good did it do to wear a hat???

Jeff and I are back from the band's car wash. My face is sunburned. I wore a hat. Did no good.

There seemed to be more than enough people there to do a great job washing all the cars that came by the Ace Hardware store on the corner of Danforth and Kelly. Jeff had to be prodded to get into the mix, but once he did, he washed cars for most of the two hours we were there. I helped a bunch of kids dry the cars that had just been washed and rinsed. After an hour, I didn't feel so good. I went to sit down, but despite there being two awnings to provide shade, it was still way too hot.

I met some more of the parents, to most of whom I was introduced as "Jeff K's mother". I had to tell them my first name, and the fact that my last name is NOT the same as Jeff's anymore.

There was pizza ordered, and after Jeff and I ate, we left. When I got into the car and looked at myself in the mirror, I was shocked to see that my face was as red as a lobster! The one time I don't have sunscreen, I get burnt.

Figures.

I am really sleepy now, though, and I think I will get off the puter and take a nap. Or not.

Gotta jump...morelaterZ--