Neko

Wednesday, July 16, 2003

Job hunting sucks!

I've been actively looking for work for nearly three months now, and I have found next to nothing. Oh yeah, I found a temp agency, but they have nothing for me!

I've spead my resume all over the net, it seems. I've gotten a few calls, a few emails, a few "work at home" offers that sound dubious at best, I've gone on several interviews, but so far, it's been "don't call us, we'll call you."

Maybe I should go back to the carnival. It's hard, physical work, and the pay is lousy, but at least, it's a job! But, do I really and truly want to do that? Who should I contact for a carnival job. Through my research for the book, I know there are literally hundreds of carnivals in the US. If I'm working for a carnival, then that would make my research easier.

I should talk to Saon about that, but I don't know how to contact him. I wouldn't even know where to begin to look for him. I guess I could start with that carnival that was in Paducah, KY, that he worked for one Sunday back in late June.

I just don't know. I'm desperate to get a job, but I don't want to appear desperate.

The Unemployment office looks like my next stop, but I don't want to have to resort to that, either.

Brother, can you spare a job?

MorelaterZ--