Neko

Wednesday, July 23, 2003

Six minutes? I gotta get there!

I was noodling around on the internet last night when the phone rang, knocking me offline (I need DSL!). Everyone had gone to bed, so I ran down the stairs to answer the phone, but by the time I got there, it stopped ringing. Then, my cell phone, which was upstairs, started ringing. I ran back upstairs and answered the phone, and it was Saon. "Where are you?" he asked.

"At home."

"I just called the house phone and no one answered."

I told him just what I typed above, and he said, "Oh, okay."

He had good news: he got a job at Belle Chasse Marine, doing general maintenance work and other duties that he didn't get into. It's one of those 12 hour shifts, 6am-6pm.

Saon's getting a lot of pressure from his cousin to move out, and actually told Saon that if he didn't have a job by 5pm yesterday afternoon, to get the hell out. Well, Saon got the job, now his cousin says he needs to save his money and get his own place.

Saon wants his own place, and can't wait to get the funds needed to get an apartment. He wants me to move in with him. I want to go. I've been looking for a job in the New Orleans area thru several online job posting boards, but I'm not having much luck so far.

Our phone call lasted a whole six minutes. I gotta get to New Orleans. I don't care if my family thinks I'm being selfish. Apparently, New Orleans is where the best job opportunities are. When I do searches for jobs on the job boards, more jobs come up in New Orleans than in Oklahoma City. Go figure.

Gotta jump...MorelaterZ--