Neko

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Ick, look at all the crud on the floor!

Time to drag the vacuum cleaner out of the closet and give the rug a once over.

My apartment is so small, I could probably get away with one of those electric sweepers and no one would be the wiser (except those of you who read this blog). Better yet, I wish I had a Roomba to vacuum up all the stuff accumulated on the floor. Push a button and go. How easy is that?

That reminds me of this:

When I was living in Massachusetts with my three cats, I didn't have a vacuum cleaner. When I did have to vacuum, I borrowed one from one of my neighbors. Columbus, my big male Maine Coon, was scared witless of the vacuum cleaner. I didn't even have to turn it on and Columbus would hiss at it. The girl cats, Flurry and Sadie, could've cared less.

I mentioned to someone (probably Paul, who was then my landlord and not the Master of the One Line Email) that I wanted to get a Roomba, which had just come out the year before, because all I'd have to do is push a button and it would vacuum the rug itself. But, this being 2000 at the time, Roombas were prohibitly expensive, so it was out of the question to get one. But I could just see Columbus chasing this stupid little thing around my apartment and hissing at it.

Poor Columbus... he's been gone almost a year and a half now. I miss him.



But, I digress...

I probably should get up off my fat Italian ass and vacuum the rug. Who knows when a certain someone will surprise me by showing up at my door again? (soon, I hope).


That's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--

Labels: , , ,