Neko

Friday, May 18, 2007

Dari's Friday Flashback #2




For today, hmmm, let's see...

I was thinking about this just the other day-- the ponytails my mom used to fix my hair into when I was 6, 7, 8 years old. My hair was quite long, so Mom would give me braids, or just separate my hair into equal sections and use an elastic to secure them. It was easier for her, because she's the one who brushed my hair out each night before I went to bed, and it kept my hair out of my face when I was playing outside with my neighborhood friends.*

Then, one summer, I begged my parents to let me cut my hair. They relented and it was cut from waist length to just below the shoulder. By that time, Mom was letting me fix my own hair.

Now, it's short. The last time it was really long was 1999. The longer it got, the worse it looked, so I chopped it all off. I don't think it's been longer than shoulder length since then. It's a lot easier to manage now.

*Yes, that's what we kids did in the 70's-- we played outside until dark. No video games and crap back then.

That's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--

Labels: , ,