Neko

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

The times they are a-ch-ch-ch-changin'

(Wow! I stole from Dylan AND Bowie....)

Well, my email today brought the news that my friend, JC, in Massachusetts, is resigning from his job of 13 years to run his "side project" graphic design venture full time. I got the mass email announcing this great adventure (the one that's sent to JC's 100+ closest friends). He's been waiting a long time to do this, and I'm absolutely thrilled for him, and told him so in the return email I sent.
===

I found out today that I've somehow managed to maintain an A in my English Comp class. I've always been pretty good at it, so it's not really that hard for me. It's the writing of the essays that sometimes get me. All that in-text citation stuff is starting to sink in, but I still don't remember having to do that before. I guess they teach it in the high schools now, because it seems that the majority of my classmates know how to do it already.

My professor is good at what she does. She's not like some of the teachers I had in high school that bored me to death. And, despite the fact that I am closer in age to her than I am to my classmates, I am learning something (or relearning it), everyday. When I enrolled for my fall classes, I signed up for her Comp II class.

Okay, so I have a B in US History, and an A in English Comp I, and I have no idea where I stand in my two broadcasting courses. I just know that my editing project that was due today was not my best effort.

Hopefully, I'll still have my 3.0 GPA I need to continue to receive financial aid.

And on the subject of financial aid... I found out that financial aid is for one school year: for example fall of 06, spring of 07 and summer 07 would fall under the 2006-2007 school year. Because I started in spring 07, I'll get money for the summer classes because I didn't go last fall. Next summer, unless I budget my money really well, I won't be able to take summer classes. I wouldn't be able to afford it on my own, even with a job. My tutition for summer is almost $500.00! For fall it'll be over $900.00!

Yikes!




That's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--

Labels: , , , ,