Neko

Friday, March 30, 2007

Waiting for the tornado that never came to wipe my house off the map, and Jeff's 21st

Larry and I have some of the strangest conversations on Yahoo! Mess-up-enger. Yesterday, we were talking about tornadoes after I told him I heard the tornado sirens going off.

So for what seemed like an hour, we reported (okay, to be fair, I reported... Larry just came back with one and two word answers) what we were seeing on TV, since the weather people were dominating the airwaves around here.

There was one up near Mom's house, maybe a little north of her. Then there was a ton of rain here, and the weather guys were saying that there were heavy thunderstorms near Rose State and the surrounding area (where I live), and that they were going to keep an eye on it. Nothing ever happened with that, it just rained a lot.

We're supposed to see more of the same today, but so far, it's been grey.

Tornadoes scare me. I've seen what they can do, and I have no wish to go thru that. But, I live in tornado alley, so at some point (waaaaay in the future, I hope), I'll probably go thru one.

Not looking forward to it, though.
===

Today, 21 years ago, I gave birth to my second son at about 6:30 pm pacific time. That particular day happened to be Easter Sunday.

Fortunately, I will not be waiting up to see if Jeff comes home drunk. He's probably not going to go out (unless Daniel and Kathy have their way... don't ask!).

Happy birthday, Jeff. Love you-- Mom


That's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--

Labels: , , , , , , ,