Neko

Monday, March 19, 2007

It's so new, no one knows what to do with it yet

I just set up my high speed internet service thru the local cable company. So far, so good.

However, my laptop has the new (since January 30) Windows Vista OS, and it seems that preparations for this are a bit lacking. No one knows what to do with it yet!

In my self installation kit from Cox, it gives directions on how to set up your Cox email accounts. Those instructions only work with XP and earlier versions, such as Win 95/98/2000,etc. The Vista instructions are on Cox's website. No one told me that.

I haven't been given the opportunity to set up my Cox email addy, but I need it to set up the account in Vista.

Grrrrr!

Maybe I should have stuck with the wireless connection. But it's not mine, so I feel guilty for "borrowing" it.

My tech ignorance is showing. Where's a tech savvy 12 year old when you need one? Huh?


That's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--

Labels: , , , ,