Neko

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Whew! Glad that's over!

My only midterm this semester, in US history, is history. I think I did pretty well.

It was an essay test. I used to like essay tests in high school (back in the 80's), because I thought I could bullshit my way thru it. This one wasn't the case. I studied my fat Italian ass off for this.

Armed with knowledge and still slightly fuzzy due to the NyQuil I took last night, I think I'll get a decent grade. I have a B in the class now.
===

I feel tons better today. DayQuil has an expectorant, so all that icky stuff clogging up my sinuses is coming out. It's such an unpleasant business, though. I'd rather deal with that than end up in the hospital with pneumonia or something. I don't want a repeat of the winter of 1990, where I ended up with "walking pneumonia" so bad that if I had not gone to the doctor when I did (on my 26th birthday), the doctor was going to put me in the hospital. Instead, he gave me the most powerful medicine I'd ever taken to that point. I don't remember what it was, but it cleared things right up! I do remember sleeping a lot.
===

I almost bought a laptop yesterday. I wanted to use part of my financial aid money for just that purpose. I found a couple that I think might work for me, as I'm just using it for school right now. But I want to look a little more, to make sure I'm getting as much bang for my buck as I can afford.
===

Did you know today is "pi day"? I didn't either. They call it that because when you write out the date numerically, i.e. 3/14, it looks like the first digits of pi (3.14).

But hell, tomorrow is the Ides of March... beware! LOL
===


thanx for peeking. leave a comment if you wish. talk soon?


That's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--

Labels: , , ,