Neko

Sunday, March 18, 2007

If I'd known I'd be driving all over the damned Metro for this movie...

I'd have bought the damn thing at the first place I went to.

Or... "In Search of When the Levees Broke: A Requiem in Four Acts"

Yesterday, I called about three Blockbusters stores looking for this movie. I'm doing an extra credit paper in my English Comp class, and watching this movie during spring break is what I'm writing it on.

At the fourth store, in Del City, I found, I thought.

When I get there, turns out that they only had it for sale. I didn't want to buy it, just rent it. I asked them if they could call one of their nearby locations to see if they had it for rent.

The Blockbuster guy called a couple of places, and found it at a store in Oklahoma City. They agreed to hold a copy for me.

This place was just about 4 miles down SE 44th from where I was, so I drove over there. Babydoll behaved herself, and we got there and home okay.

So now I have until next Saturday to watch the movie... all four hours of it! It was a documentary on HBO last summer, and was surprised it was even on DVD.

I think I'll watch it Monday afternoon. I'll let you know how it was. After all, it's about the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. It's not going to be easy to watch. I wonder if this is going to be the video version of a book I've never been able to finish because I get so pissed off at the government's malaise about taking care of a "problem". Same thing with Hurricane Katrina. It took so much time for the federal government to respond, as if the Gulf Coast was unimportant.

I better stop. The subject of Hurricane Katrina and that moron living at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue still makes me mad.



That's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--

Labels: , , , , ,