Neko

Sunday, April 16, 2006

I don't think we're ready for this

Have you heard about the movie that is scheduled to come out later this month about United Flight 93, the one that crashed in a Pennsylvania field on 9/11/01? It's called United 93, and it's an unflinching look at the events of 9/11 from the view of the passengers, the families, and the air traffic controllers.

I'd heard about it in several places, but tonight I saw an ad for it on TV, and I was damn near tears. It's only been 5 years since that awful day, and personally, I don't want to see a theatrical movie about it quite so soon.

I read someplace that some of the families of the passengers on that flight are trying to prevent the movie from being released. If they aren't ready for it, then perhaps we should take our cue from them.

I need to find out more about the movie before I comment any further. It just seems too damn soon for this.

That's just my opinion. I'd like to hear what you think.


And that's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--