Neko

Thursday, March 23, 2006

...and go

The snow was nice while it was here... about six hours, or until the temp rose above freezing. I would have loved to have a snowball fight with someone... hmmm...

=====

I had the weirdest dream this morning... it involved me renting a house here in OKC. My landlord didn't live in the area, so I was paying my rent to a third party.

I had gone out...somewhere... and brought home a male friend. Strangely, all the doors didn't want to work. When I got one open and went inside, who should be there but my landlord... a man I knew in Virginia named Pat. Pat looked at me and said something like I was everything he remembered about me, and more. I don't know where the male friend I brought with me had gone (he just disappeared as people are wont to do in dreams).

Pat and I sat on the couch and talked about old times, what we'd been doing in the decade or so since we last saw each other, and other such nonsense. Next thing I know, we're in the process of ripping each others clothes off. Then there's the sound of a key in a lock, which I thought strange because I lived there alone.

Clothes were quickly put back on, and we awaited the person who had a key that actually worked to walk into the house. That person was my former landlord in Massachusetts, Paul.

"What the hell are you doing here!" I gasped. Paul and I weren't on the best of terms apparently. All he said was,

"Larry sent me."

Then the phone rang, and I woke up.

None of these people know each other, so I am the common denominator. But, why those three? The only one of the three I have any contact with is Larry.

There must be a meaning here somewhere, but damned if I know what that meaning is.

=====

I had a program director at a station in Fort Wayne, Indiana, call me at 8am this morning (which is why the phone rang, interrupting the strange dream). He didn't ask for me by name, he asked if I was the crazy chick (how I described myself in the ad he was responding to). He then asked if I was a crazy as I say, and I said (half asleep, I'm sure), "Ask my friends." He asked me to send my aircheck and resume, and he'd be in touch. So I did, and have yet to hear back. But then, they all say that they'll "be in touch". Most times, I have to get in touch with them myself.

=====

That's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--