Neko

Monday, March 20, 2006

It's almost like finding out your son reads Playboy

Almost, but not quite.

While Jeff was gone (they got back Friday night, so I was right!), I went thru the mangas (Japanese comic books) he had on his bed, and I found this one that was based on Alice in Wonderland. Except the girl was called Miyuki-chan, and Wonderland was nothing even remotely close to Lewis Carroll's classic story. Oh, the characters were the same, except they were all female. There seemed to be some auto-erotic lesbianism theme going on, and all I could think was, Jeff reads this???? This was too weird... were the writers and illustrators on crack when they put this together? It was all very surreal, and I was tripping for sure (and I don't do illegal drugs).

I told Jeff what I had done when he came home and he said, "Mom, for future reference, don't read the orange covers." I told him that I only started reading it because I went to middle school and high school with a girl named Miyuki, and I hadn't heard of anyone called that since.

And, I swear, I'll never get the concept of the backwards covers the mangas have. It gives me a headache trying to read from right to left....


And that's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--